Nowadays, people don’t have time and don’t really focus on content. When they browse a news website or a blog, they read titles, excerpts, and skip the entire posts. They are unable to concentrate because there are a lot of news everywhere and a lot of notifications.
People are less and less focused, and the attention they give to your content is more and more valuable.
That’s why I created this very simple pluging. With WP Alternative Post Title plugin, you will be able to display two different titles for your post.
One will be displayed on the post page – it will be the real one – while the other one will be used on the homepage, the categories, tags and archives, as a kind of teasing and alternative post title.
This may help to improve your click rate conversion from your homepage to your content via a nice call to action that attract readers, without affecting your real post titles for SEO.
In fact, it allows you to captive interest of your readers by teasing them about the story you have posted on your blog, and incent them to open it, without telling them a lot of about the real content.
The double interest of this plugin is that you will be able to tease your readers in one hand, and on the other hand, you will not affect your SEO at all, because you will be able to optimize your real post title with all the information that search engines and social medias require to authenticate your content.
But be fair, do not abuse of clickbait titles! Use this extension wisely just in order to increase curiosity of your readers. That’s it!
- Dashboard: type an alternative title for your post on post editor.
- Front-end: the real title of your post will display on single post page, but the alternative title will display on homepage and archive pages.
- Upload wp-alternative-post-title folder to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory or install it via the WordPress dashboard.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Add a new post or edit one, and type one alternative title in the “Alternative title” field located below text editor.
- Where my alternative title will display?
Everywhere (archives, tag pages, author pages, etc…) except on the single post.
- Where the real post will show?
On the single post.
- What if I disable the plugin?
The alternative titles will disappear.
Contributors & Developers
“WP Alternative Post Title” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
First version of the plugin.