The admin bar replicated functionality that the admin menu accomplishes, why have two menus? Now you can have one menu bar that does pretty much everything you could ever need. This plugin adds the admin menu (the menu on the left side of the screen) to the admin bar. The admin menu is ‘fixed’, like the admin bar so that it will appear no matter how far you have scrolled down, keeping it easily accessible and consistently in the same spot. The screen options and help menus however do not, so keep that in mind.
- Upload plugin folder to plugins directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- What version of WordPress do I need?
Basically this was designed to work with WordPress 3.3, it sort of works in 3.2.1, but the admin bar in 3.2.1 is a little different than it is in 3.3, so it may cover up some things in the admin bar (in 3.2.1). Also, the flyouts appear a little differently in 3.2.1 than 3.3. I think they’re usable, but not ideal. Again when 3.3 is officially released, this plugin will look better.
- Does this work in Internet Explorer?
Not 100%. I have tested it in IE8, however you have to switch to be in IE8 mode, and not be in compatability mode or IE7 mode. My version of IE8 is 8.0.6001.18702. I have also tested it in: Chrome 15.0.874.106m, Firefox 6.0 + 8.0, Safari 5.0.3, I have not tested in IE9 yet.
As of v1.1 this should work in IE7, it might look a little off, but it should generally work.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Ultimate Admin Bar” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Ultimate Admin Bar” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Super minor fix in the JS
- Minor CSS fix for drop down menu on active main menu item
- Updated for WordPress 3.5.
- Edited the CSS to accomodate WordPress 3.4. You only need to update this plugin if you have updated to WordPress 3.4.
- Added a rule to remove the horizontal scrollbar
- Made a minor change to the border of the first menu item so that it looks consistent.
- Updated the styles so that it should mostly work with IE7 or IE8 in compatability or IE7 mode.
- First version of the plugin.