The Smart Custom Display Name Plugin allows you to set your Display Name to anything you like
The “Display Name” is the name shown as post author – e.g. “posted by John Doe”. WordPress only allows you to select from a few given values. This plugin changes the Display Name field to a regular text input field where you can type in anything you like. There are no settings. Just install and activate.
Do you like this plugin?
I spend a lot of my precious spare time to develop and maintain my free WordPress plugins. You don’t need to make a donation. No money, no beer, no coffee. If you like this plugin then please do me a favor and give it a good rating. Thanks.
Plugin Privacy Information
- This plugin does not set cookies
- This plugin does not collect or store any data
- This plugin does not send any data to external servers
Peters’ Plugins Privacy Information Page
This plugin is compatible with ClassicPress.
More plugins from Peter
What about an empty Display name?
WordPress does not allow an empty Display name and resets the Display name to the Username on saving if its blank. You don’t have to care about.
Where can I find the settings page?
Nowhere – the plugin does not need any config.
Contributors & Developers
“Smart Custom Display Name” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Smart Custom Display Name” has been translated into 2 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “Smart Custom Display Name” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- rewritten based on my Plugin Foundation PPF08, no functional changes
- UI improvements
- code improvement
- minor code- & UI-improvements
- faulty display in WP 4.9 fixed
- redesigned admin interface
- code improvement
- Some changes under the hood, no functional changes
- Code optimization, some UI work, no functional changes
- Initial Release