The main functionality of NGINX Cache Optimizer is to purge your NGINX cache whenever your content updates. For example, when you create a new post, someone comments your articles, etc. In addition to that, if you have a working Memcached service on your server, the plugin will allow you to easily configure and enable WordPress to use it.
In order to work correctly, this plugin requires that your server meets the following criteria:
- NGINX configured to cache dynamic content
- Writable permissions for the user executing PHP scripts on the NGINX cache folder
Dynamic Cache Settings
- nginx Cache Directory –
- Dynamic Cache ON/OFF –
- AutoFlush Cache ON/OFF –
- Purge Cache – Manually purge all cached data from the NGINX cache
Exclude URLs From Dynamic Caching
This field allows you to exclude URLs from the cache. This means that if you need certain parts of your site to be completely dynamic, you need to add them into this list. Type in the last part of the URL that you want to be excluded. For example, if you type in ‘url’, then ‘/path/to/url/’ will be excluded but ‘/path/to/’ and ‘/path/to/url/else/’ won’t.
- Memcached Instance IP Address – The IP address of the Memcached service. By default, it’s set to 127.0.0.1.
- Memcached Instance Port – The port on which Memcached is running. By default, memcached uses port: 11211
- Enable Memcached – this is the main Memcached support switch. Once you enter your Memcached server IP address and port, you need to actually enable it by setting this option to ON.
- Go to Plugins -> Add New
- Search for “NGINX Cache Optimizer”
- Click on the Install button under the NGINX Cache Optimizer plugin
- Once the plugin is installed, click on the Activate plugin link
- Login to the WordPress admin panel and go to Plugins -> Add New
- Select the ‘Upload’ menu
- Click the ‘Choose File’ button and point your browser to the NGINXCacheOptimizers.zip file you’ve downloaded
- Click the ‘Install Now’ button
- Go to Plugins -> Installed Plugins and click the ‘Activate’ link under the WordPress NGINX Cache Optimizer listing
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“NGINX Cache Optimizer” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “NGINX Cache Optimizer” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Plugin created.
- Links updated.