Jetpack has a pretty robust Image slideshow feature. (If you don’t know, “Add Media” button > “Create Gallery” > Choose photos > “Create new gallery” > Change type to slideshow in “Gallery Settings” > “Insert Gallery”)
Make sure you have “Compose using shortcodes to embed media from popular sites” enabled in “Settings” > “Writing” > Composing section of Jetpack settings.
Jetpack’s handling of photo’s captions doesn’t work well with long captions (as it overlays the caption above the photo). This plugin modifies the layout so that the caption is displayed below the photo and the slideshow expands to accommodate.
Contribute on github.
Slideshow Captions for Jetpack is not maintained by Automattic.
- Upload the
jetpack-slideshow-captiondirectory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- While editing an entry: “Add Media” button > “Create Gallery” > Choose photos > “Create new gallery” > Add captions to photos > Change type to slideshow in “Gallery Settings” > “Insert Gallery”
Contributors & Developers
“Slideshow Captions for Jetpack” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Slideshow Captions for Jetpack” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Updated: confirmed compatibilty with latest versions of Jetpack and WordPress
- Ownership transfer
- Fix deprecated jQuery code.
- Fix slideshow height quirks with smaller images