I couldn’t find any plugins that converted so called “smart” punctuation to HTML entities, so I created this one. It doesn’t do everything yet, but it’s a start.
This plugin currently converts smart quotes and apostrophes, en- and em-dashes, and ™ © and ® symbols into HTML entities.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Upload ‘html-entifier.php’ to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate HTML Entifier through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- It will now automatically convert smart punctuation located in post content and titles.
- Is there a settings page?
- Why didn’t this plugin work on all of my old posts?
Version 1.0.0 only converts newly saved posts/pages — or posts/pages that you go back and re-save.
Contributors & Developers
“HTML Entifier” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “HTML Entifier” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- First Revision of the plugin