IMPORTANT: The plugin Custom Taxonomy Creator will no longer be supported or updated.
Custom Taxonomy Creator is now part of WCK – Custom Fields and Custom Post Types Creator plugin, which is fully compatible. Download it and install it instead of the current plugin.
WCK Taxonomy Creator allows you to easily create and edit custom taxonomies for WordPress without any programming knowledge. It provides an UI for most of the arguments of register_taxonomy() function.
- Create and edit Custom Taxonomies from the Admin UI
- Advanced Labeling Options
- Attach the taxonomies to built in or custom post types
- Upload the wck-cptc folder to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Then navigate to WCK => Taxonomy Creator tab and start creating your taxonomies.
- How do I list the taxonomies in the frontend?
If you want to have a custom list in your theme, then you can pass the taxonomy name into the the_terms() function in the Loop, like so:
<?php the_terms( $post->ID, 'people', 'People: ', ', ', ' ' ); ?>
That displays the list of People attached to each post.
- How do I query by taxonomy in the frontend?
Creating a taxonomy generally automatically creates a special query variable using WP_Query class, which we can use to retrieve posts based on. For example, to pull a list of posts that have “Bob” as a “person” taxomony in them, we will use:
<?php $query = new WP_Query( array( 'person' => 'bob' ) ); ?>
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Custom Taxonomy Creator” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Important notice: This plugin will no longer be supported or updated. Use WCK – Custom Fields and Custom Post Types Creator plugin instead.
- Compatible with WordPress 3.5