With this plugin you can add VAT and VIES support to your WooCommerce store. The VAT field will be saved as ‘_billing_vat’.
Important: this plugin requires WooCommerce 3.0.0 or higher.
Warning: to enable and use VIES information you need to have SOAP extension enabled (SoapClient PHP class).
- Adds VAT field to billing form.
- Adds VAT field to outgoing email.
- Adds VAT field to checkout billing information.
- Adds VAT field to admin orders page.
- Change VAT field label and description.
- Validate Portuguese VAT numbers.
- Choose how to handle vat field validation errors.
- You can make VAT field required.
- You can add VIES information to admin order page, checkout and user billing page.
- Adds settings page under WooCommerce menu so you manage all the features.
This plugin can be installed via FTP or using the WordPress plugin installer.
1. Upload the plugin files to the
2. Activate the plugin through the
Plugins option visible in WordPress
Contributors & Developers
“Contribuinte Checkout” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Added live VAT validation in checkout and billing address edit.
- Tested up to version 6.3.0 of WordPress.
- Tested up to version 8.0.2 of WooCommerce.
- Updated image and banner.
- Tested up to version 6.2.0 of WordPress.
- Tested up to version 7.5.1 of WooCommerce.
- Fix undefined settings warning.
- Added HPOS compatibility.
- Remove vat prefix from Vies verification.
- Tested up to version 6.1.1 of WordPress.
- Tested up to version 7.2.0 of WooCommerce.
- Tested up to version 8.1 of PHP.
- New setting to make VAT field required on orders over 1000€
- Tested up to version 5.9.1 of WordPress.
- Tested up to version 6.2.1 of WooCommerce.
- VAT number is now included in billing address container in emails and “thank you” page.
- Tested up to version 5.8.1 of WordPress.
- Tested up to version 5.8.0 of WooCommerce.
- Tested up to version 5.7 of WordPress.
- Tested up to version 5.1.0 of WooCommerce.
- Tested up to version 8.0 of PHP.
- Increased max char number for foreign customers
- Added settings button to the plugins page, under plugin name.
- Initial release