Latest version compatible with WordPress multisite installation here
This plugin is mainly useful if you have not changed the database prefix at the time of installation and want to change post installation to make your website more secure and protected from SQL injections. With the use of this plug-in you can easily replace your database default prefix to any other prefix in single click.
As in most of the cases adminer are not changing the WordPress default database table prefix, it is easy for any hackers to inject to your database as all the default tables names are know for all. But if you modify your database tables prefix then your tables names are become unknown to outside world.
Plug-in URL: Change Table Prefix
- Can change database tables prefix in post installation.
- Tables prefix will change by single click.
- Works well for multi site present in a single database.
- Both the custom and random generated prefix facility available.
- Minimize the SQL injection.
- Activate the plug-in through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Configure the new prefix in Settings -> Change Table Prefix.
Contributors & Developers
“Change Table Prefix” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Tested with upto WP 5.0.x
- Take any combination of letters, numbers and (_) with first character always alphanumeric.
- Check first character is always alphanumeric or not.
- Blank submission of custom table prefix will change prefix with randomly generated 5 characters and a message appears that custom table prefix can not be empty.
- Tested with upto WP 4.5.2
- Disable direct access.
- Added Last time table prefix change details.
- Added maintenance mode feature during table prefix change.
- Fixed issues. Tested with 4.2
- This is the first version