The plugin automatically hides unused Admin Menu items and adds search box for menu items
If you use a lot of plugins – each of them adds their own admin menu item. The admin menu grows more and more. And though you don’t use the majority of menu items, they bother you to find the certain menu item.
This small plugin solves this issue AUTOMATICALLY. It means you don’t need to enable or disable some menu items manually. If you use a menu item it is on the menu if you don’t use it a certain time (which you can set in the settings) – it will be hidden but you’ll have access to them anyway.
- Search menu and submenu items
- Auto hides unused Admin Menu items
- These settings personal for each user
- Reset settings
- Reset clicks – to start collecting data and hiding unused menu items from scratch
- Set Menu Items which should be always shown or hidden
I installed the plugin and nothing is changed
We have no information about which menu items you use right after installing the plugin. The changes will be shown in 7 days by default or you can set
Start inoption to
0days if you would like to see changes immediately.
It means you used all menu items for the last 7 days ( by default ) and there is nothing should be hidden for now
Contributors & Developers
“Useful Admin Menu” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Useful Admin Menu” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- [Improvement] Using HTML ID for identification menu item instead of its href
!!! Note: This version breaks backward compatibility and it requires reconfiguration settings
- [Add] Ability to set Menu Items which should be always shown or hidden
- [Bug] Show More option doesn’t show on main network.
- [Fix] CSS-styles when menu is collapsed
- Add: Search menu and submenu items
- Add: support Multisites
- Fix: wrong folder name
- Add Settings link to Plugins page;
- Fix: hide items with updates when there are 0 updates
- Fix: Hide other options only on the plugin’s settings page
- Add option Enable/Disable
- Add option Show menu items with updates
- Change default value to 0 for
Start in daysoption
- Fix: remove double separators
- Fix: apply updated options immediatelly (without additional refresh)
- The first version