‘Advanced WordPress reset’ plugin will reset you WordPress Database back to its first original status in order to make a fresh installation without going through WordPress traditional installation. This plugin will help you saving time especially if you are a developer and you have to install WordPress from scratch each time.
- Make a new installation without going through the 5 minutes WordPress installation
- Resets the database without deleting or modifying any of your files (all your WordPress, plugins and themes files are kept)
- Deletes all database customizations made by plugins and themes
- Deletes all content including post, pages, options, etc.
- Detects the Admin user and recreate it with its saved password
- Keeps the blog name after the reset
- Quick and convenient
- Actually the plugin does not support Multisite installation. We will add it as soon as possible.
Our other plugins
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
Single site installation
- After extraction, upload the Plugin to your
- Go to “Dashboard” » “Plugins” and choose ‘Activate’
- The plugin page can be accessed via “Dashboard” » “Tools” » “Advanced WP reset”
- What does mean “reset my database”?
This option will reset your WordPress database back to its first original status, just like if you make a new installation. That is to say, a clean installation without any content or customizations
- Is it safe to reset my database?
Yes, it is safe since you have no important content to lose. If there are any issues, we will support you 🙂
- Is there any files that will be deleted after the reset?
No. All files are kept as they are. The plugin does not delete or modify any of your files.
- Is there any plugins or themes that will be deleted after the reset?
No. All your plugins and themes will be kept. However you will lose any settings in database of those plugins/themes.
- Is this plugin compatible with multisite?
No, it is not compatible with multisite. We will try to fix this compatibility as soon as possible.
- Is this plugin compatible with SharDB, HyperDB or Multi-DB?
Actually the plugin is not supposed to be compatible with SharDB, HyperDB or Multi-DB.
This Plugin changed the username and password on my site, it doesn’t use my username and password for reset. so i can’t log in after reset
Needed to clear a database and this seems to have done the trick, nicely. Thank you.
Does exactly what it says.
You can play around with your sandbox sites easily with this plugin.
(tweak links in a sidebar, they are broken – Please rate us, Having issues?)
j’ai réinitialisé ma base de donnée en 1 clic de souris, puis j’ai réinstallé un nouveau thème, et tout fonctionne très bien, Merci au développeur, 5/5 !!!
it just works 🙂
Contributors & Developers
“Advanced WordPress Reset” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- The plugin is now Reactivated after the reset
- Adding “Successful Reset” message
- First release: Hello world!