The AddressFinder plugin for WooCommerce adds verified address autocomplete capability to the shipping and billing address fields of your online store. The plugin suggests verified addresses to your customers as they type and then auto-fills the address elements into the appropriate fields on selection.
This plugin aids in validating the addresses of your customers before they place their order on your store, maximising your data quality and limiting misdeliveries costs resulting from incorrect address entry.
Get Verified Addresses
No more mistakes. Save verified addresses straight from your checkout to your database. The AddressFinder address database is the most comprehensive address dataset in Australia and New Zealand. Our addresses are directly verified by authoritative sources such as Australia Post, New Zealand Post, and more. When AddressFinder suggests a postal address, you can be sure that it is accurate and that your delivery is heading to the right place.
Access the latest addresses
Leave the hard work to us. The AddressFinder address database is refreshed monthly so you can rely on the data being available and up to date. Our data sources provide us with the freshest data so customers living in new developments or multi-dwelling apartments will still be able to validate their addresses.
No programming required
This plugin is super easy to set up. It does not require any coding experience and you can have it working and validating addresses in minutes.
Reduce time to checkout
On average, our address autocomplete will display the desired address in 10-12 keystrokes, greatly reducing data entry time and potential for errors. Users can be sure their address is correct and move through to the checkout with confidence.
Enhance mobile UX
User experience is critical to conversion rate. By using AddressFinder, your checkout experience is made simple for users inputting fields, greatly reducing required keystrokes on small mobile keyboards. Our plugin is responsive and friendly across popular devices and browsers.
Customer success is core to what we do. Our account managers and support team are here to support you through integration and any other questions you may have about our service.
No setup fee, lock-in contracts or credit card is required.
We have a variety of plan sizes to suit any retailer – from the 300 lookups per month Free Plan to larger paid plans with additional lookups and features.
With Agile and Business plans, you can tailor the features your organisation needs – take advantage of bulk verification, direct API usage, and upgraded support.
View our full suite of plans here https://addressfinder.com/plans/
Watch a short 2 min video showing the installation and configuration of AddressFinder for WooCommerce.
What do our users think of AddressFinder?
See how others have integrated with AddressFinder within our case studies –
WooCommerce AddressFinder is compatible with WooCommerce v3.0 and above
WooCommerce AddressFinder requires:
- WordPress v4.1 or higher
- WooCommerce v2.3 or higher
- Jordan Carter (https://github.com/jordandcarter)
- Andrew Pett (https://github.com/aspett)
- Nigel Ramsay (https://github.com/nigelramsay)
- Fiona Sanggang (https://github.com/fsanggang)
- Ross Jourdain (https://github.com/rossjourdain)
- Shaun O’Connell (https://github.com/ndorfin)
- Kate Norquay (https://github.com/katenorquay)
- Daniel Raats (https://github.com/DanielRaats)
Follow the instructions below, or watch the installation video.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Use the WordPress Admin Menu, select Plugins -> Add New
- Search for
- Press the Install Now button
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Use the WooCommerce -> Settings -> Payments screen to input your AddressFinder API keys.
New users can register for a free account at one of these links:
Existing users can obtain their API key from the AddressFinder Portal.
Read more on the AddressFinder WooCommerce Plugin page.
What is the WooCommerce plugin?
The WooCommerce plugin provides the following features:
- Autocomplete billing and shipping address in checkout page
- Autocomplete address in my account page
- Only enabled when country is selected as New Zealand or Australia
How do I remove the AddressFinder byline?
If you are on a paid plan, you can disable the “byline” by setting a widget option. Use the WooCommerce -> Settings -> Checkout screen, and add the following to the Widget Options box:
Then reload the checkout page, and the AddressFinder advertising will disappear.
Which AddressFinder plan is right for you?
AddressFinder offers both free and paid plans, we recommend you start with the free plan which gives you up to 1000 completed address searches per month.
If you need more than 1000 address lookups per month from day one then upgrade to a paid plan, these start from $42 per month.
You can read more about AddressFinder plans here:
Many more FAQ questions and answers
The AddressFinder website has a large FAQ section with many questions answered.
Contributors & Developers
“WooCommerce Address Validation and Autocomplete | AddressFinder” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Make the plugin compatible with the block checkout
- Fix region code change for New Zealand from WooCommerce 7.1
- Fix custom options not being applied
- Make the plugin compatible with the twenty twenty-two theme
- Fix loading the js source map
- Display a help tip when the save button in settings might be hidden due to PayPal extension
- Fix version used
- Load styles using WordPress hook
- Confirm compatibility with WordPress 6.0.1
- Confirm compatibility with WooCommerce 6.7.0
- Documentation update
- Confirm compatibility with WordPress 5.7
- Confirm compatibility with WordPress 5.6
- Confirm compatibility with WordPress 5.5.1
- Confirm compatibility with WooCommerce 4.4.1
- Bug fix – prevent reloading the widget on mutation if the country element was never present
- Bug fix: prevent plugin reloading when address line 2 field is missing for AU addresses
- Bug fix: prevent plugin reloading when suburb field is missing for NZ addresses
- Bug fix: prevent error when plugin is in debug mode, and widget options are invalid
- Update dependencies
- Update the WC tested to value
- Add source maps
- Override styling for addressfinder
- Update the tested to value
- Differentiate between WooCommerce version and webpage tools version
- Update addressfinder_webpage_tools v1.6.0
- Update to use new webpage tools package
- Documentation update after testing on WordPress 5.1
- Support state/region fields of type input (text)
- Documentation update
- New installation video
- WordPress 5.0 compatibility confirmation
- Removes redundant positioning function to reflect api updates
- Dispatches update checkout event on address selection
- Fixes errors when checkouts are missing address_line_2 field
- Checks window.AddressFinder is loaded before intialising plugin
- Emit a change event when field values are updated
- Documentation updates
- Fix configuration loading fault
- Prevents country change event clearing account address details on page load.
- Removes redundant core-js functions.
- Preserves address field values on page load.
- Add support for checkout pages without a country form field
- Add a default country option in the settings
- Adjusts the position of the widget
- Plugin now uses a single licence key by default
- Moved to webpack for script development
- Minor fixes
- Allows users to add additional options to adjust default behaviour of the widget
- Moved to NPM for script development
- Minified output script
- Removed superfluous CSS
- Support checkout pages without country fields
- Z-index fix
- Region code mappings fix
- Confirm compatibility with WordPress 4.6 series
- Added debug flag to admin screen
- Improve handling of missing form fields
- Confirm compatibility with WordPress 4.5
- Clean up WooCommerce settings page
- Minor fixes
- Add a default z-index style to handle sites that use positioned elements
- Load AddressFinder widget later to improve compatibility with the multistep-checkout-wizard plugin
- Fix fault with New Zealand city field
- Ignore WooCommerce placeholder instruction. Instead populate address_1 and address_2 as per Australian standards
- Initial release, enjoy!